Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally a date to have my twin (lipoma) removed!



From the movie “My Big Fat Greek Wedding,” remember this scene?

Aunt Voula: [to Ian's parents] Now, you are family. Okay. All my life, I had a lump at the back of my neck, right here. Always, a lump. Then it got bigger and started to grow. So I go to the doctor, and he did the bio... the b... the... the bios... the... b... the "bobopsy." Inside the lump he found teeth and a spinal cord. Yes. Inside the lump was my twin.

Just like Aunt Voula I’ve had this lump on the back of my neck practically my whole life; since 1978! I remember how alarmed I was to find it and of course thought the worst immediately. Being a nursing student at the time, I thought for sure I had a new form of a brain tumor or some other rare and deadly condition. It’s actually a common lipoma or “fatty tumor;” not a brain tumor, not my twin.

It’s has grown quite large and it is finally coming out – yeah! The surgery, requiring a general anesthesia because of the size, has been approved by the insurance company and the date is set for March 19th.

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

OPA!!!!!!

Tez said...

OPA is right! Good luck and glad it is being removed!

SD_pedalpower said...

A dude would keep it in a jar of alcohol to show it off to friends :)