Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Recap


Not a good weekend for riding bike but that was alright since the schedule was already pretty full.
Friday night our usual routine is to go “uptown” which in a town of 300 means either walking or driving the 3 blocks to Main Street to go the “Pit,” our fine local establishment. Torey, owner and self-taught chef extraordinaire, has three specials each weekend: a steak special, pasta or seafood special, sandwich and salad special. Everything on the menu is $11 or less and you eat it on styrofoam plates but it is great food! Some of our favorites are the steak gorgonzola alfredo, dirty mashed potatoes (red skinned potatoes with pepper jack cheese, garlic, etc.), cucumber pasta salad, etc. It is all yummy! And a great way to end out the week.
Saturday was another wedding shower, this time I was helping to host the shower. The mother of the groom is a good friend and member of our church. Hubby and I just watched TV Saturday evening. It was prom night and he had volunteered to shuttle the high school kids from Irene to Wakonda for the after prom party. So he left the house about 11pm to go do that and then the phone rang and it was my youngest daughter calling to say the bachelorette party (which she hosted for her big sister) had arrived in Wakonda via the chartered limousine party bus. I went down to the Pit to bring an extra camera that was requested and have one drink with the girls. Twenty girls between the ages of 21 and 25 had descended upon the Pit, I could hear the giggling as soon as I got out of my car. The bachelor farmers and good patrons of the Pit, didn’t know what hit them! It was fun to participate for a short time but I’m quite sure I feel a lot better than they do today!
We almost missed church because we overslept. Hubby had to get up at 3:00am and shuttle kids back to Irene, so our sleep was a little disturbed! After church hubby and I did some odd jobs around the house. It is cold outside with a north wind but dry and hubby is eager to go out for a ride in his mid life crisis (a mustang convertible). The plan is to take off and go to a movie later in Yankton (with the top up on the car!) and maybe kill some time at Ace; he can look at tools and I can look at the biking stuff and dream about my next bike ride.

No comments: