Thursday, October 9, 2008

Change of Season and Back to Spin Class

Essentially there are only two seasons for me; biking season and spin class/trainer season. Biking season is quickly wrapping up for me with shorter days and eventually the colder temperatures will catch up with us. I'm the first to admit I am a wimp when it comes to winter riding. When temperatures dip below 50 degrees I get too cold riding outside and its just easier at that point to go down the basement and ride my bike on the trainer.

Tonight was my first night back to spin class for several months. Holly was the instructor and after about a 15 minute warm-up, I worked hard. The remaining 45 minutes of the class I burned 469 calories, average heart rate was 164 (96%) and my max heart rate was 184 (106%). I think was trying to push myself a little harder so I wouldn't feel so guilty for dropping out of the Boot Camp exercise class, all the running was just too hard on these old joints.

I've had plenty of excuses for not exercising lately but its time to get back with the program! As I told Holly, tonight's class is my first official training for Tour deKota 2009! I'll be there.....hope you are too!

PS - To Kevin and Joe, I can't come to Tuesday spin classes this semester - that's my day in Sioux Falls. I'm really not trying to avoid you (even though Kevin is the evil spin instructor).

4 comments:

bikingbrady said...

So you CAN make my noon on Thursday....BWAH HA HA......

Anonymous said...

I have never taken a spin class, although last winter I stopped at a gym close to work and asked abbout them, but the musclebound person behind the counter kind of smirked at me and said "we don't do dat here". Whatever, go ingest some more steroids and stare at yourself in the mirror then. Sheesh!
BTW, I think you meant you're training for the 2009 TdK, right? ;)

Unknown said...

Oops - this time I'm not a day behind, I'm a whole year behind - I made the correction. Thanks Mayor! And I'd suggest trying out a spin class - I like the company (misery loves company they say) and I NEVER GET DROPPED in spin class!

Tez said...

YOU GO GIRL!