Friday, June 5, 2009

Spandex Not Required - Wednesday Night Group Ride

We had a good turn out for the Wednesday evening group ride that I posted as an easy paced "spandex not required" ride. Purpose of the ride: socializing and to promote bicycle love! The route was a flat 30 mile loop along the Bluff Road, through Meckling, and back to Vermillion on the Timber Road. It was a beautiful evening, about 70 degrees and a light wind out of the north.

I was very pleased to have 14 riders show up! Perhaps the promised post-ride social at R-Pizza helped to get people out for the ride....whatever the reason, I think I can say a good time was had by all. Biking Brady has more on the ride here.

I'm off for a week of biking on Tour de Kota starting Sunday. I have 890 training miles going into the ride - hope I'm ready!

No comments: