Sunday, September 14, 2008

Margarita Ride 2008


It was a great weekend! I got to see so many biking friends, starting on Friday night with a get together with the Watertown ladies, as I call them; Mary Jean, Bonnie, Sandy, and Janet. I first met Bonnie and Sandy at the first Margarita Ride I participated in in 2005 BRB (before road bike). They were sitting on the balcony of the winery post ride and they just looked like they were a really fun group! We started talking and became acquainted in the years since on other bike rides and through email. In introduced Melissa to Mary Jean and Bonnie on TDK this year and they ended up riding all week together.

The Watertown ladies got into Vermillion late Friday afternoon and Melissa and I met them at Mona Lisa’s for some pre-ride carb loading – I had the stuffed pasta shells (chicken, ricotta and parmesan cheese, touch of bacon in large shell macaroni with an alfredo sauce) – absolutely delicious!

Saturday morning was not looking like a great day for a bike ride; a light rain was falling but as it was 60 degrees it wasn’t uncomfortably cool. Cindy and I rode together and the time flew by as we chatted the entire route! I was happy to be riding a more relaxed pace than the last time we rode together on the Elk Point bike ride. I was sore from the Boot Camp classes I started this week (a story for another blog entry!), so I appreciated Cindy taking it easy on me!

Thanks to oldest daughter Ashley for manning the water stop in Wakonda, allowing me to ride! And to my husband for opening up the bathroom at his shop!

We regrouped with Melissa and Mary Jean and her group in Wakonda. We took a slightly different route back to Vermillion allowing us to enjoy the scenic Bluff Road.

The post-ride meal and Margarita were great! The best part was visiting with everyone – but there just wasn’t enough time! I totally missed the Biking Vikings and only said hi to the Hooterville Mayor. But I got to visit with lots of people, including Tim who we rode with on RAGBRAI, the Watertown ladies, and of course fellow blogger TEZ!! Along with of course great LaneHog team members Biking Brady, CDV, Ann, Holly, Cindy, Melissa, etc.! I would have loved to have continued the biking stories at CDV's but had to get home as Charlie and I were headed to rib fest in Yankton a little later.

Great job Biking Brady and CDV on spear heading another successful Margarita Ride! Many thanks also to Melissa for designing an awesome t-shirt and Eric for all that he does with the website registration, maps, etc., and all others who help with all the details!

I wish I would've gotten more pictures but my indoor pics did not turn out....maybe Melissa will be posting some??? And the the Hooterville Mayor has some great pictures on his blog!

No comments: