Sunday, May 31, 2009

A little less than 150 miles in last 4 days.....


Thursday evening - 40 miles - Wakonda to Bluff Road east until I met up with Cindy and Evie, rode with them to Meckling and turned around and headed back to Wakonda. A beautiful evening, the winds were actually calm! A rarity here in South Dakota!

Friday afternoon - 23 miles - Wakonda to county line road to Volin to Bluff Road up "Turkey Hill" and back home. Another gorgeous day for a ride.

Saturday - 67 miles - Bunyan's (Vermillion, SD) to Bob's (Martinsberg, NE) Ride. Going to Bob's was way too easy! Going back to Vermillion against the northwest wind was more of a challenge but it helped to have great company; Marilyn and Colleen.

Sunday morning - 16 miles - Four miles east of Wakonda, 4 smiles south, 4 miles west, 4 miles north. A short ride before church.

Not sure I'm ready for Tour de Kota, but ready or not it starts next Sunday!

3 comments:

CDV said...

That's about the same amount I've put in the last 4 days...ready or not the TDK is right around the corner. After my morning ride I spent the day preparing gear and gathering supplies for next week.

Tez said...

You will be fine, I am sure of it! Now pray for light winds! What happened to the 2 Rivers ride?

peddlinshutterbug said...

I had such a great time! I will keep you posted on the birthday century ride and the Mickelson Trail ride in September. You should go!