Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not So Many Toads Today

The alarm went off at 5:45 am and my husband rolled over and asked if I was riding my bike to work today. I quickly determined that my legs were feeling the effects of riding a pretty good clip with the LaneHogs the night before and replied, "No, I'm too tired." Then I got out of bed and saw what a beautiful morning it was, the weather man was saying the winds were calm at 5 mph out of the south. Oh, what the heck, it was too nice NOT to ride to work. And what is better for stiff legs than to get back on the bike and spin it out! Surprisingly I managed to average 16.2 mph from my door to the door of work. Which is a pretty good solo average for me (with no wind pushing me).

I'm getting into this bike commute, I love that I'm saving gas, and that I get in some training miles while getting to spend the evenings with my husband.

Luckily with my job I don't see many people in the summer until the students come back the end of July. So basically it doesn't matter if I'm a little smelly with helmet head hair! No, really, I think the "baby wipes" I use to clean up with takes care of most of the B.O. Sounds like the showers and locker rooms in the new building might be available starting July 15th.

This morning there were only a few places on the road with baby toads - they missed the big party yesterday.

No comments: