Monday, May 26, 2008

Short Monday Ride

I thought I would get out before the wind picked up. I left the house at 7:00am and headed north to Irene for a short 16 mile ride. But so much for beating the wind. And isn't it funny that people who don't ride bike, don't notice the wind? As I was having a Coke at the convenience store, with about 20 farmers drinking coffee, they commented to me, "beautiful day for a bike ride." I agreed but when I mentioned that the wind is a little gusty out of the north, they looked at me like I had to be kidding. When I got home and checked the wind on the Weather Underground" site, they report 25 mph winds NNW with gust up to 30 mph. I was right, it is windy!

It will be a busy day, leaving for the cemetery shortly. Then we're celebrating youngest daughter's birthday - I have a cake to decorate!

No comments: