Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bike Helmet & Up Do Hairstyle Incompatible

This afternoon I had a practice run to find a hairstyle for the wedding......and I was very pleased. To tell the truth, this is the second run through I've had. But this hairstylist gave me exactly what I wanted! I know I'm obsessing about this, normally I don’t really care that much about my hair, but this is one occasion I do care how my hair looks. I went for the total up-do because I’ve never had one, for the following reasons: 1. I’m a child of the 70’s, long and straight was the only hairstyle those days (proms and wedding included); 2. Until recently I had “my twin” growing on the back of my neck which needed to be covered up so as to not frighten young children. So I got to experience the up-do for the first time today and that was fun, however for the wedding, I have made the important decision to go with a modified up-do. I bet you wanted to know that!

After the hair appointment, I made a delivery to Biking Brady to drop off his new “green” lawn mower – a push mower without a motor (whatever you call those). Mrs. Biking Brady and I tried it out for fun, I’m sure I looked great in my up-do pushing around a mower that badly needs some WD40!

After supper I just had to get out and ride a little but I was losing daylight fast, so I hastily changed and got ready to ride. I went to put on my bike helmet and found that it is hard to wear a bike helmet with an up-do. This is probably why my mother’s generation didn’t ride bikes. But I didn’t have time to get the bobby pins out so I smashed on the helmet and rode for about 45 minutes sprinting most of the time.

When I took off my helmet, the hair do was still, for the most part, in place. I think it should hold up well for the wedding!

2 comments:

CDV said...

It can stand up to a bike helmet but the real test is can it stand up to a Wakonda wedding dance?

Earl Flournoy said...

Good for you because your hairstylist gave you hairstyle fits you. My wife always has a trouble about her hairstyle that's why she decided to cut her hair short. She really doesn't care much about her hair like you, so I think it is good that she has her hair cut. For I don't know reason, she has become obsess on wigs. Every time we are attending special event, she's wearing one of the Modu wigs. Her transformation nowadays is really good, but I'm very surprised.